Martinsville High School
2016-2017 Scholarship Season
The CFMC Scholarship Deadline was February 17, 2017. Please check back this summer for information on the 2018 Lilly Endowment Community Scholarship application.
The Community Foundation of Morgan County helps to distribute scholarships from 34 scholarships managed by the CFMC Scholarship Program, as well as the Lilly Endowment Community Scholarship, and the Kendrick Foundation Scholarship. These scholarships are available to high school seniors, as well as higher education students of all ages.
Please contact Hannah Sitz at (855) 280-3095 or visit hsitz@CFMConline.org with any scholarship questions.
Scholarship Program Guide
Scholarships for High School Seniors Graduating from Martinsville
- Gordon Leigh Speer Memorial Scholarship (1 @ $1,000)
For a senior graduating from any high school in Morgan County or Indian Creek High School who intends to study at The Rose Hulman Institute of Technology. Preference given to students studying engineering. The goal is to assist students of high academic achievement and potential.
- Maggie Grounds Scholarship (1 @ $1,500)
For a female high school senior entering the field of architecture, contracting/building engineering, traditional drafting, architectural computer-aided design or another very closely-related field of study.
- SSG. Wm. Ryan Fritsche Memorial Scholarship (1 @ $2,000)
For a student with at least a 2.5 GPA who exhibits good character and citizenship and is interested in public service work, such as: law enforcement, medical work, social work, child services, etc. Additional references and essay required.
- Benjamin Elo Memorial Scholarship (1 @ $5,000)
For a varsity athlete with a 3.0 minimum GPA who intends to pursue a 4-year degree. Applicants must exhibit good citizenship, be involved in their church, and be involved in community service. Applicants must have participated in the Ben Elo Memorial Soccer Camp or be Morgan County residents. Students attending the University of Notre Dame will receive special consideration in the selection process. Two additional references and an additional essay required.
- Ann Haworth Memorial Scholarship (2 @ $3,250)
For a student ranked in the upper 1/4 of the graduating class who participated in orchestra and/or choir during grades 10 through 12.
- Bob Staggs Memorial Scholarship (1 @ $500)
For a student with at least a 2.5 GPA who was involved in sports activities in school and who is interested in a career in sports broadcasting, sports marketing or sports medicine. Applicants should explain this interest and their career goals in an essay. Applicants must exhibit good character, respect for others, and good citizenship in their sports activities and within school. Additional references required.
- Eric Pierce Memorial Scholarship (1 @ $1,000) For a student pursuing Outdoors/Parks/Environment, with demonstrated financial need.
- Freeman Goss Scholarship (2 @ $1,000)
For a deserving Martinsville High School senior who has taken business courses or been otherwise involved with the high school business curriculum.
- Henry E. Pearcy Memorial Scholarship (Varies)
For a student with at least a 3.0 GPA, demonstrated leadership ability, and who will be pursuing a degree in education. Preference will be given to applicants who attended Central Elementary School in Martinsville.
- Hubert Bastin Memorial Scholarship (1 @ $1,000)
For students with a great desire--but not the financial support--to further her or his education in a vocational, technical, or professional career. Preference given to students who attended Poston Road Elementary School.
- John E. Koontz Memorial Scholarship (Varies)
For students who exemplify a vision of personal excellence.
- Kendrick Foundation Scholarship (Multiple @ $15,000)
For students pursuing an eligible degree who intend to return to Morgan County to pursue a healthcare career:
- Surgical Technology: AAS
- Speech Language Pathology: MS, MA, Doctorate
- Respiratory Therapy: AAS (Associate of Applied Science), Respiratory Care BS, Health Sciences
- Respiratory Care MS
- Radiological Technology: Radiological Science BS
- Psychology/Counseling: MA, MS, PhD, PsyD
- Pharmacy: Pharm.D
- Physical Therapy: DPT
- Occupational Therapy: MOT, MS, MA, Doctorate
- Nursing: ADN, BSN, MSN
- Medicine: MD, DO
- Dietetics: Nutrition BS, Dietetics BS, Nutrition/Dietetics MS
- Dental Hygiene: AAS, BS
- Martinsville Rotary Scholarship (1 @ $1,000)
For students who will attend a 2- or 4-year higher education institution.
- Robert D. St. Clair Memorial Scholarship (1 @ $500)
For a student pursuing a 2 or 4 year program at a vocational/technical school or an accredited college or university, with a minimum 3.0 GPA. Applicants should demonstrate good character and financial need.