Mooresville High School
2016-2017 Scholarship Season
The CFMC Scholarship Deadline was February 17, 2017. Please check back this summer for information on the 2018 Lilly Endowment Community Scholarship application.
The Community Foundation of Morgan County helps to distribute scholarships from 34 scholarships managed by the CFMC Scholarship Program, as well as the Lilly Endowment Community Scholarship, and the Kendrick Foundation Scholarship. These scholarships are available to high school seniors, as well as higher education students of all ages.
Please contact Hannah Sitz at (855) 280-3095 or visit hsitz@CFMConline.org with any scholarship questions.
Scholarship Program Guide
Scholarships for High School Seniors Graduating from Mooresville
- Gordon Leigh Speer Memorial Scholarship (1 @ $1,000)
For a senior graduating from any high school in Morgan County or Indian Creek High School who intends to study at The Rose Hulman Institute of Technology. Preference given to students studying engineering. The goal is to assist students of high academic achievement and potential.
- Maggie Grounds Scholarship (1 @ $1,500)
For a female high school senior entering the field of architecture, contracting/building engineering, traditional drafting, architectural computer-aided design or another very closely-related field of study.
- SSG. Wm. Ryan Fritsche Memorial Scholarship (1 @ $2,000)
For a student with at least a 2.5 GPA who exhibits good character and citizenship and is interested in public service work, such as: law enforcement, medical work, social work, child services, etc. Additional references and essay required.
- Benjamin Elo Memorial Scholarship (1 @ $5,000)
For a varsity athlete with a 3.0 minimum GPA who intends to pursue a 4-year degree. Applicants must exhibit good citizenship, be involved in their church, and be involved in community service. Applicants must have participated in the Ben Elo Memorial Soccer Camp or be Morgan County residents. Students attending the University of Notre Dame will receive special consideration in the selection process. Two additional references and an additional essay required.
- Charles F. & Olive B. Flater Scholarship (1 @ $400)
For a student who demonstrates overall academic preparedness, an ability communicate future educational plans and reasoning behind those plans, an ability to adjust to new learning and living environments, and exemplary ethical and moral conduct as it relates to school, fellow students, and faculty.
- Devin Wade Deaton Memorial Scholarship (1 @ $250)
For a student with demonstrated financial need wishing to continue their education at a college or vocational school, or for a student currently enrolled in the Ben Davis HS Building Trades Program. The award may also be made to the winner of the State VICA award.
- Jennifer Tipmore Memorial Scholarship (1 @ $500)
For a student with at least a 3.0 GPA, demonstrated good character, and financial need who intends to pursue a 2 or 4 year degree at a vocational/technical school or at an accredited college or university.
- Justin & Bonita Conduitt Marley Scholarship (2 @ $1,000)
For students entering vocational training, the field of education, or the field of library science.
- Kendrick Foundation Scholarship (Multiple @ $15,000)
For students pursuing an eligible degree who intend to return to Morgan County to pursue a healthcare career:
- Surgical Technology: AAS
- Speech Language Pathology: MS, MA, Doctorate
- Respiratory Therapy: AAS (Associate of Applied Science), Respiratory Care BS, Health Sciences
- Respiratory Care MS
- Radiological Technology: Radiological Science BS
- Psychology/Counseling: MA, MS, PhD, PsyD
- Pharmacy: Pharm.D
- Physical Therapy: DPT
- Occupational Therapy: MOT, MS, MA, Doctorate
- Nursing: ADN, BSN, MSN
- Medicine: MD, DO
- Dietetics: Nutrition BS, Dietetics BS, Nutrition/Dietetics MS
- Dental Hygiene: AAS, BS
- Mooresville High School Alumni Scholarship (1 @ $500)
For a student with demonstrated financial need whose parent or grandparent is also a Mooresville High School alumnus. Applicants should give an example of how they confronted or overcame a specific challenge.
- Mooresville Kiwanis Curry Overton Memorial Scholarship (2 @ $1,000)
Preference given to students from Mooresville and Monrovia and the surrounding areas. Preference to students selected to Kiwanis "Student of the Month" and students who have participated in service projects. Applicants should exemplify living by the Golden Rule and have earned a GPA of 2.5 or greater.
- Owen L. Prescott and Dorothea I. Prescott Scholarship (1@$1,000)
For a student seeking a 2-4 year degree. This scholarship will be based upon the character, need, and high school record of the applicant.
- Steven Lee Robert Terrell Memorial Scholarship (1 @ $1,500)
For a student who has participated in athletics who is seeking to continue their education. Preference given to students with financial need.
- TOA-USA Scholarship (2 @ $1,500)
For a student with demonstrated work ethic seeking to enroll in a post-secondary educational institution. Preference given to students with financial need.
- Velma M. Hackelman-Mendenhall Memorial Scholarship (1 @ $1,900)
For a student pursuing a 2-4 year degree in education with a 2.5 minimum GPA.