The Community Foundation of Morgan County (CFMC) offers nearly 40 unique scholarships with varying requirements and benefits. The Kendrick Foundation offers sizeable scholarships for students pursuing certain careers in healthcare. All of these scholarships use the same online application form and are due by 4pm EST on February 17, 2017. Apply at https://goo.gl/Gzt0UK.
We know it can be stressful to apply for scholarships and think about future plans. But take a deep breath: we’re here for you! This is the one-stop-shop for information on every scholarship we offer. We’ve got helpful tips, resources, and answers to all of your questions.
To be eligible for any CFMC scholarship, students must be pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree at an accredited public or private non-profit institution of higher education. Please note that listed award amounts may be subject to change
Gordon Leigh Speer Memorial Scholarship
(1 @ $1,000)
- For a senior graduating from any high school in Morgan County or Indian Creek High School who intends to study at The Rose Hulman Institute of Technology. Preference is given to students studying engineering. The goal is to assist students of high academic achievement and potential.
Maggie Grounds Scholarship
(1 @ $1,500)
- For a female high school senior entering the field of architecture, contracting/building engineering, traditional drafting, architectural computer-aided design or another very closely-related field of study.
Benjamin Elo Memorial Scholarship
(1 @ $5,000)
- For a varsity athlete with a 3.0 minimum GPA who intends to pursue a 4-year degree. Applicants must exhibit good citizenship, be involved in their church, and be involved in community service. Applicants must have participated in the Ben Elo Memorial Soccer Camp or be Morgan County residents. Students attending the University of Notre Dame will receive special consideration in the selection process. Two additional references and an additional essay required.
Ann Haworth Memorial Scholarship
(2 @ $3,250)
- For a student ranked in the upper 1/4 of the graduating class who participated in orchestra and/or choir during grades 10 through 12.
Bob Staggs Memorial Scholarship
(1 @ $500)
- For a student with at least a 2.5 GPA who was involved in sports activities in school and who is interested in a career in sports broadcasting, sports marketing or sports medicine. Applicants should explain this interest and their career goals in an essay. Applicants must exhibit good character, respect for others, and good citizenship in their sports activities and within school. Additional references required.