The Community Foundation of Morgan County (CFMC) utilizes its unrestricted grant dollars to support the capacity of local nonprofits. Capacity grants are for nonprofits looking for a small financial hand-up to become more efficient and effective.
Capacity grants allow tax-exempt organizations to be more efficient and effective with their current services. Awards should be used to increase the quality of services or the number of clients they can serve. Dollars can be used on equipment and technology, one-time transportation costs, staff/volunteer training fees, or costs directly related to improving operations. These dollars cannot be used for recurring general operating costs. Organizations can apply for up to $2,000 to support capacity building. These grants are first come, first served. As long as the request meets the guideline requirements, organizations are awarded in the order received until the allotted funds come to an end. The CFMC Board of Directors has graciously allotted $9,900 to help our Morgan County nonprofits increase their capacity.
Some of our past awards include:
- In 2023, the Community Services Center of Morgan County, dba WellSpring, received $2,000 for a new intra-oral camera in the dental clinic.
- In 2023, Morgan County Substance Abuse Council received $2,000 to hire a social media consultant to steer the agency to prioritize social media platforms, develop a plan, create best practices for creating and sharing information, and grow their following.
- In 2022, the Brooklyn Volunteer Fire Department received $993 for startup equipment for the Mobile Support Unit. This unit provides nutrition and hydration for first responders during long and often trauma-filled emergencies.
- In 2022, A Senior Retreat received $1,650 for technology to help check in/out seniors to the program quickly and efficiently.
- In 2022, Stability First received $2,000 to pay for 5 of 6 staff members to attend an online training certificate in Addiction / Substance Use Disorder with Opioid Specialization. **Stability First paid for the other staff member.
Applications will open on March 1st, 2024, at 9 a.m. and close on April 1st, 2024, at 4 p.m. Check our website and Facebook for the updated 2024 Capacity Fund Guidelines.