This is an updated resources page to help our Morgan County community connect with the resources and support needed during this unprecedented time.
If you have tips for parents, important resources, etc. not featured, please submit links and ideas to us directly by clicking here.
- Staying Informed
- Unemployment Benefits
- Indiana Assistance Resources
- Morgan County Food Pantries
- Maintaining Mental Health
- Small Business Resources
Activities for Kids
- Prodigy Math is a free online resource to easily motivate 1st to 8th grade students to learn and practice math.
- Khan Academy offers practice exercises, instructional videos, and a personalized learning dashboard that empower learners to study at their own pace in and outside of the classroom.
- Zearn.org Always free assistance and activities to foster a love of Math learning.
- Cosmic Kids Yoga is Yoga, mindfulness and relaxation for kids. Interactive adventures which build strength, balance and confidence – and get kids into yoga
- Scholastic Offers online interactive learning and reading activities for students PreK–8.
- Squiggle Park offers reading skill building for ages 3-8, and sister-site
- Dreamscape offers reading comprehension for age 8-15+
- Storyline Online is a children’s literacy website that provides free storytelling videos and resources for parents and teachers to foster a love of reading in children
- Vooks is a curated digital library of animated books for young kids. Each story is read aloud and animated, allowing kids to read along as they watch. They offer a free one-month trial.
- Code.org encourages children to learn computer science
- Mystery Doug Informative 5-minute breaks that inspire children to ask questions
- Mystery Science offers open-and-go lessons that inspire kids to love Science in grade kindergarten through fifth grade.
- NatGeo Kids offers amazing facts about animals, science, history and geography, along with fun competitions, games and more.
- History for Kids Allows children to enter ancient worlds, meet famous people and discover fascinating facts by exploring a wide selection of historical games and activities.
- Dance Mat Typing is a free online game that teaches kids to touch-type using the home-row method.Students’ progress through 12 stages within four levels (three stages per level) that slowly build the number of keys they’re expected to master.
- Typing.com offers free typing lessons for kindergarten through twelfth grade
- Typing Club is a free educational platform for keyboarding
- Activities and Experiences from Morgan County
- Adventure Academy provides elementary and middle school age children with an immersive, interactive learning adventure where they can explore an ever-expanding virtual world while building critical academic knowledge and skills. It has a free 30 day trial.
- BrainPop Jr. Offers free weekly video for a variety of topics for grades Kindergarten through Third.
- BrainPop Offers free weekly video on a variety of topics for fourth grade and up.
- Minecraft Education Edition is an always free game-based learning platform that promotes creativity, collaboration, and problem-solving in an immersive digital environment.
- PBS learning collection has free interactive lessons span a range of subjects and grade levels.
- PebbleGo is curricular content hub specifically designed for K-3 students. Packed with informational articles, ready-made activities, and literacy supports for students of all abilities, it boosts engagement and fosters independent learning in core subject areas.
- Starfall is a children’s website that teaches basic English reading and writing skills from Preschool through 3rd Grade.
Positive News in Our Community