Pass It On Scholarship – 1027
Fund Type: Passthrough Scholarship Fund
The purpose of the Fund shall be to provide support as directed by the Board of Directors (the “Board”) of the Community Foundation for educational scholarships for students who are accepted into and attend accredited two- or four-year public or private institutions of higher learning as described in Code section 170(b)(1)(A)(ii), and in particular to such students who meet the following qualifications:
- It is intended that this scholarship shall be awarded to a student or multiple students who have the potential to succeed in higher education but might not otherwise easily qualify for substantial scholarship support.
- This scholarship shall be made by nomination and not an application. The Principal of Monrovia High School will nominate a student (or students) who meet the following criteria for consideration by the Donor who, if he agrees with the nomination, will recommend one or more recipients to the Community Foundation Scholarship Committee for approval. Following the Donor’s death the recommendation(s) from the Principal shall go directly to the Scholarship Selection Committee of the Community Foundation for approval.
- The scholarship recipient(s) shall be seniors graduating from Monrovia High School in the Monroe-Gregg School District.
- The donor’s name shall be held confidential during his lifetime but may be revealed after his passing, or earlier if Donor decides to change this stricture.
- The scholarship amount shall never be less than $ 1,800 per awardee, and shall be presented only for one time per student.
- Presentation of the scholarship shall include the story about “Passing It On” as written by the Donor for presentation to future recipients, whether explained by the school Principal, Donor, or a representative of the Community Foundation of Morgan County.
- Scholarship winners shall also receive a presentation copy of a book like “Great Quotes from Great Leaders,” compiled by Peggy Anderson (available from Simple Truths, www.simpletruths.com) or a comparable inspirational text that reinforces the “Passing It On” ideal.In the event that the above criteria are too restrictive (because no student accepted to the Community Foundation meets the criteria, or for other reasons), the purpose of the Fund shall include the support of educational scholarships for deserving students who most closely satisfy the criteria. All support provided from the Fund shall further the educational, charitable, or other exempt purposes of the Community Foundation within the meaning of Code section 170(c)(1) or 170(c)(2)(B) and shall be consistent with the mission and purposes of the Community Foundation.