CFMC Scholarship Application
We know it’s stressful to apply for scholarships and think about the future, for both parents and students. That’s why we are here for you! We are a non-stop-shop for information on every scholarship we offer. We’ve got helpful tips, resources and will do our best to answer all of your questions.
To be eligible for any CFMC scholarship, students must be pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree at an accredited public or private non-profit institution of higher education. Please note that listed awards amounts may be subject to change.
Please come back for the 2022-2023 Scholarship Application Dates.
SCHOLARSHIPS FOR ANY MORGAN COUNTY RESIDENT
Benjamin Elo Memorial Scholarship (1 @ $5,000)
• For a varsity athlete with a 3.0 minimum GPA who intends to pursue a 4-year degree. Applicants must exhibit good citizenship, be involved in their church, and be involved in community service. Applicants must have participated in the Ben Elo Memorial Soccer Camp or be Morgan County residents. Two additional references and an additional essay required.
Dorothy Asher Scholarship (Multiple @ $3,000)
• For students pursuing higher education to become an elementary school teacher.
Gordon Leigh Speer Memorial Scholarship (1 @ $2,000)
• For a senior graduating from any high school in Morgan County or Indian Creek High School who intends to study at The Rose Hulman Institute of Technology. Preferences given to students studying engineering. The goal is to assist students of high academic achievement and potential.
Judge James E. Harris Scholarship for Children in Need (1 @ $700)
• The Harris Scholarship Fund was established in honor of Judge Harris service to Morgan County upon his retirement in February, 1999. The purpose of the fund is to provide educational support, either academic or vocational, for abused or neglected children
Porch Time Scholarship (2 @ $1,000)
• A $2,000 scholarship awarded to a Morgan County resident senior who attends a 2- or 4-year college intending to pursue a degree in Communications.
Memorial Scholarship in Memory of Dr. Julia Foster & in Tribute to Jeff Hansucker (1 @ $2,000)
• For students with at least a 3.5 cumulative GPA who intend to pursue a career in the medical field (open but not limited to medicine, pre-med, nursing, physician, assistant studies, physical therapy, radiology, respiratory therapy, etc.)
Newburn-Asher Scholarship (Multiple @ $2,000)
• For students pursuing higher education in a health care field.
Sergeant Dan Starnes Memorial Scholarship (2 @ $1,500)
• For a student pursuing a 2-4 year degree or an applicant wanting to continue their education in law enforcement, criminal justice, public safety, or a closely related field. Applicants must have a 2.0 minimum GPA, demonstrate academic premise, and have a demonstrated financial need. Preference given to students with work experience, good character, community involvement, and a healthy lifestyle. This scholarship has potential to be awarded for multiple years. Additional short essay required.
SSG. Wm. Ryan Fritsche Memorial Scholarship (2 @ $1,000)
• For a student with at least a 2.5 GPA who exhibits good character and citizenship and is interested in public service work, such as; law enforcement, medical work, social work, child services, etc. Additional references and essay required.
Lilly Endowment Scholarship
Lilly Endowment Scholarship Application
Submissions are Currently: CLOSED
Application Deadline: 4 p.m. Friday, August 26th
The Lilly Endowment Community Program Scholarship (LECSP) awards full-tuition scholarships to students from each county in Indiana.
• Students must attend a Morgan County school at the same time of application or reside in Morgan County.
• Applicants must be high school seniors graduating by June 30, 2023.
• Applicants must have a high school diploma from an Indiana high school credited by the State Board of Education or by a national or regional accreditation agency that is recognized by the State Bard of Education.
• Recipients must pursue undergraduate study in a baccalaureate program on a full-time basis.
• Recipients may attend any accredited public or private four-year college or university in Indiana.
• Two scholarships will be rewarded to Morgan County residents.
•Pays full tuition and requires fees for four years; no re-application process is required.
• $900 book stipend each year.
• Does not pay room, board or travel expenses.
• Tuesday, July 5: Online Application opens.
• Friday, August 26: Applications Due by 4pm
• Tuesday, October 4 & Wednesday, October 5: Finalists Interviews (Finalists for the interviews will be notified via email once evaluations have been completed).
• Scholarship winners (2) will be notified by Winter Break.